What information we collect
We collect and store your information when you enter it onto our website and app or provide it to us in any other way. We collect this data and combine it with your profile to help detect and prevent fraud and return the best job searches to you. You can correct or remove any information you provide via account settings
The data we collect includes:
- Your name and contact information
- Your resume and work experience
- Any additional information you provide when applying for jobs through our site
- Information from third-party apps, such as Facebook
- Information you provide us with when you contact us
- You race, ethnicity and gender, if you choose to supply us with this information
- The name, size and type of business of any company you work for/own
- Your activity on the site, such as jobs you look at and apply for and files you viewed
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address and Service Provider (SP)
- Your browser type and device ID
- Date/time stamp and clickstream data
- Your blog responses
- Your blogs
Our services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect information about children.
How we use your information
We use your information to contact and respond to you, create a positive user experience and to operate and improve our services. We use your information with consent, as described at the time you give consent.
By using our services, you are consenting to your information being used for our legitimate interests. Our services allow you to:
- Create a profile and upload a resume
- Search for and share jobs
- Apply for jobs
- Post job adverts
- Receive targeted recruitment adverts from employers
- Help potential employers find your resume and contact you
- Purchase advertising space and redeem points/gifts
- Make comments on articles and post personal blogs
- Contact and communicate with us
- Stay informed about security updates and service changes
- Keep employers informed about your job interests
- Provide products and services to employers to assist them with the recruitment process
Our legitimate interests
By uploading and maintaining a profile, posting information and applying for jobs on SportJobbys.com, you are consenting to us using your data for our legitimate interests. These interests are namely:
- To operate our services
- To contact and communicate with you
- To analyse and improve our services
- To protect our services and the rights of users
- To prevent fraud and protect against abuse of our services
Improving our services and protecting against fraud
We may use your information to improve our services and protect against fraud by:
- Giving search engines access to publicly shared information
- Conducting analytics for internal reports about the website and applications
- Tracking which jobs you search for, view and apply for
- Making suggestions to you based on your preferences
- Detecting, investigating and preventing illegal activities
We may share you information with our third-party service providers who help us deliver our products and services to you. These include companies providing database analysing tools, customer management and marketing assistance. However, these third parties may not use your information for anything other than is necessary to perform their functions. We remain responsible for the information we share with these parties.
We may use your information for marketing activities, namely:
- Providing targeted content, services and advertising from us and third parties
- Sending job alerts, newsletters and other marketing communications you have opted into
- Informing you of new products available on SportJobbys.com
- Conducting surveys, promotions and contests and publishing the results
Username and password security
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the personal information we receive and store, and take appropriate measures to secure your data from loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The security of your username and password is, however, your responsibility. It is up to you to keep them secret.
Sharing your resume
Any resume you create on SportJobbys.com is stored on our database in the Netherlands or China.
If your resume contains the personal data of references, you must ensure that person has given you written permission to share their details.
The resumes you upload to SportJobbys must not contain sensitive information regarding your:
- Ethnic origin
- Political beliefs
- Philosophical or religious beliefs
- Membership to trade unions or political parties
- Physical or mental health
- Biometric details or genetic makeup
- Addictions or sexual life
- The commission of crime or objectionable behaviour and associated penalties and fines
- Your social security, ID or national insurance number
If you do give us any of these details you agree to do so at your own risk.
Storage of your personal information
In order to streamline our services, we retain all of the information we gather about you until you change or remove your personal information. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and provide our services.
If you are located in the European Union and do not use your account or interact with our services for more than five years, your profile will expire and be scheduled for removal from the site. If you have uploaded a resume to your account, you will receive an email from us before we delete it.
Who we share your information with
By using SportJobbys.com services, you are consenting to the disclosure of your information to any employer you apply to, show interest in or message. That employer is free to contact you for employment-related purposes, either via the website or via contact details you provide. We will also share you information with employers when you apply for a job or make your resume searchable, and with other third parties when required by law to do so.
Depending on how you organise your privacy settings, your resume and profile database may be visible to third parties, who can see the information you post. This information can be accessed, stored and used by those in countries that may not have the same data protection legislation as your country of residence. SportJobbys.com is not responsible for how third parties use the information you give to us. You should therefore set your resume to “Private” if this is a concern and only post information elsewhere that you are happy to be made public. While we attempt to limit access of our database to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee other parties will not gain access.
We may use the information you supply us with to determine whether you might be interested in the products and services of selected third parties. We may show you targeted ads based on your information and preferences on the website and information acquired from third parties, such as other public websites and data providers. You can edit which notifications you receive in your account settings
We may share aggregated information about our customers with third parties in order to serve you adverts, but such aggregated data, including location, schooling and experience level, will not identify users individually. If we create a co-branded website with another company, the information collected on that site will be subject to the privacy policies of both companies.
If a third party acquires any or all of SportJobbys.com’s business units, we may disclose and transfer your personal information to them. If SportJobbys.com becomes subject to insolvency proceedings, your information will be disposed of in a manner approved by the court. You will be notified of insolvency proceedings and any sale or merger to a third party by email and/or a prominent notice on the website.
We will disclose your information if required to do so by a government authority if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to meet legal requirements or comply with legal process, protect the rights and/or property of SportJobbys.com, investigate and prevent illegal activities or protect the safety of users and the public.
Cookies and advertising
We used cookies on SportJobbys.com to track movements around the website, analyse trends and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Cookies help improve search results, store your preferences and maximize the personalisation of the site. You can disable cookies via your chosen browser, but certain features of SportJobbys.com may be limited if you do. Via cookies we can:
- Secure access to your account
- Store your preferences
- Track traffic patterns
- Show you more jobs you might be interested in based on previous searches and applications
- Split users into interest groups to test new features
Social media buttons
Access to your information
You can access, update and delete your profile and resume at any time by signing into your account and making the necessary changes. If you believe someone else has provided us with your information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or social media channels
You can request, and we will provide, all the information we hold on you at any time.We will acknowledge the receipt of your request to access your information within a reasonable time frame and supply you with your information within the time frame required by law. You also have the right to request that we restrict processing data about you.
Access to your account or correction, updating and deleting services may be restricted or denied by SportJobbys.com if it would violate another person’s rights as permitted by law. If you wish to delete your account altogether, please contact us through the email. We will confirm by email that your personal information has been deleted. However, we may retain your data even after your account is closed if it is necessary to:
- Comply with law enforcement requests
- Meet regulatory requirements
- Resolve disputes
- Investigate security incidents and prevent fraud and abuse
- Enforce our user agreement
- Fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us
We will retain anonymous information after your account has closed.